Tue Jan 1, 2013, 9:33 AM
Every TUESDAY and THURSDAY at 4:00 pm Eastern-Time we will have FREE online live-stream painting lessons for approximately 2 hours.
We'll cover everything from lighting, shading, saturation, contours--faces, shapes, colours, how-to's as well for eyes, noses and other facial styles, as well as many other subjects. We will have lessons on other days depending on time and demand, but you can count on the Tuesday and Thursday meets. For those who want their work critiqued, email me today so I can prepare them! Email is firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
It'll be interactive and we'll have lots of fun. I offer paint-overs and critiques for your paintings and provide you with as much knowledge as I can. Questions are always welcomed and encouraged, we're here to learn and have fun! So far its been a blast and I've seen MASSIVE improvement from my students!
Let me know if you're gonna join so I know the volume of people who will be joining.
The live-stream link is the icon below the journal, be sure to bookmark it!
If you miss the live-streams, they are recorded on my live-stream page--I will try to get them on youtube. To get into the chat group add my skype name so I can add you in: chocolate.lemons
The 14 day face painting challenge requires you to paint a new face everyday from scratch for 14 days straight. You can chose to paint the same kind of face everyday to perfect it.
1. The portrait painting must be in black and white: this is to ensure you are understanding how form develops through value.
2. A good range of brush use. Keep your brush strokes large and controlled-preferably using a textured brush-no soft-brush.
3. A head, ears and neck, along with a thoroughly painted face. No hair or extra accessories--this is going to be portfolio ready material.
4. Grey background.
5. I want a reasonably symmetrical face--within the standards of realism -- no wonky measurements. I want to see that you have applied measurements and premeditation/planning to the features, without winging it or cutting-and-pasting.
6. Each feature that you draw I want to see my lesson plan in it, I want to see a structured nose, a structured pair of lips, and eyes that can function as I have taught you in the past months.
7. I want those 6 darkest spots on the face that I have taught you to be visible.
8. NO OUTLINING or pencils. I want you to sculpt it.
As for day-by-day class homework: it will be posted here on my journal weekly, also with a summary on the subject matter of the weeks unit of study:
This week's Lesson Plan and Homework:
How to paint skin realistically: What colors to remember and how to introduce them into the canvas. Homework will be announced.
Iste, I'm Banne and I've really enjoyed your classes thus far! I've started the 14-day B+W challenge, and I'm wondering if you might critique my first painting in one of the next classes. Should I just link you to it when the livestream begins? Sorry; I'm still not sure how it works. Thanks!
I would like to join... as far as I can anyway, the 14 faces thing sounds as if I've missed too much to jump in now Will I need skype to attend classes properly?
You can start the 14 day challenge anyday, and end it 14 days after u start. everyone goes on their own pace. No you don't need skype but you'll need to contact me and the efficient way to do it is skype.
OK... there's some stuff I won't know though, like "those 6 darkest spots on the face", I have no idea what you're talking about...
will you post a link at four?
Yes Ill reupload the journal, but the link is below, the big red and black icon is my livestream link
Just click the ls button (the white box with the red swipe.)
Sounds like fun! I may be able to attend.
I'm sure you are sick of these compliments already but, I just wanted to say, oh man, I learned so much from the last 'semester' and can't wait to find out about the new things you plan teaching. > w <
So aye, count me in, of course!
So aye, count me in, of course!